Monday, December 3, 2007

Aval Nanachathu (Sweet Poha)

HOME | INDIMOM RECIPE | PRINTER FRIENDLY

I wrote about my son's favorite , so I thought why not let my 3 year old daughter to pick todays recipe . This is one of my favorite snack too as it brings lots of good old memories .My mom used to make for us and this sweet-snack is easy to put together .When you mix some ripe banana also with it you have a winner.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups aval
(poha or pressed rice)
1 cup fresh grated coconut
1/2 cup brownsugar
(or grated jaggery)













DIRECTIONS
  1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl.Mix and squeeze everything well using your hands

  2. Keep it aside for an hour for the aval to get sweet and soft.

  3. Serve with ripe bananas

  4. Cumin seeds , ginger powder or cardamom powder can be used to spice this up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the poha need to be wash first for this recipe??? I have 1/2 kg poha left in my freezer...:-)

Deepa said...

No ..Dont wash the poha for this recipe.